In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Oh Happy Day

A momentous occasion in any child's life is the first time they get to eat McDonalds. I am a huge lover of McDonalds and was so excited to give Shelby her first Happy Meal yesterday. I selected the cheeseburger and fries with apple juice. She really liked it! I didn't get a picture of her eating her cheeseburger because we were in the car while she ate that, but she ate almost half of it, plus a large number of fries. Also, this is the first time she has ever tried drinking through a straw and she sucked down the juice like it was going out of style.

Here she is working on some more fries. The best part was that I got to eat all the food that she didn't want - that is what I call a win win situation.
She is now the proud owner of a my little pony with a butterfly comb. At least, she will be once I go back to my parents and get the half of the comb that I dropped in the driveway as I was leaving! She quite enjoyed the food and the toy. I am so glad that I don't have to make dinner anymore. There is a McDonalds not too far from our house.

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

yay what a milestone! Looks like Shelby loved every bit of that happy meal!

Karissa said...

Hurray for McDonalds! Just wait until she's big enough for the play place. Best thing ever invented when Dad has to go away and/or work late. I used to take a book and let my kids go crazy for a good hour after dinner--by the time you get home it's bedtime! Man I miss the Enid McDonalds....that's sad....