In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Craftastic Month!

I kept myself real busy in January, working on a number of crafting projects. My pile is getting a lot smaller! One of the bigger things I worked on was learning how to knit in the round. I wanted to make Shelby some leg warmers and picked up a new skill in the process. This project was actually fun and led to another project.
I finally finished them a few days ago and Shelby wore them to the store to test them out. They do keep her legs much warmer, but they fall down sometimes. Heidi told me how to make leg warmers out of socks in about 20 minutes - I think we will try that next time. These took several weeks to knit.

Due to my new knitting project, I needed a case to hold my knitting needles. So, I sewed up this little beauty. It is actually super handy and I am quite excited about it.
Never in a million years did I think that I would own this many knitting needles. Crochet needles maybe, but knitting no way. Just wait though, there are more knitting projects to come. I also did some fast and easy projects last month. I sewed 4 hooded bath towels and made 3 pillow cases.

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

You are quite the crafty lady! Everything turned out so great! And you will for sure have to try those other leg warmers cause you will be amazed at how easy they are!

Kelly said...

Yeah but are the sock leg warmers going to look as cute?