In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Crazy Busy

So, Shelby finally had her 1 year visit at the doctor. When your birthday is at Christmas time, you really get a raw deal a lot of the time. Everyone seems to think that taking time off for holiday and family celebrations is more important than you!
This girl has been learning so many new things lately I can barely keep up. She has decided that she no longer wants to eat Gerber oatmeal for breakfast. While the preparation of a bowl of Cheerios and a sippy cup of milk is super easy, it takes an eternity for her to eat breakfast. I am thinking of setting her up with the food and then taking a nap, showering, drying my hair, getting dressed, eating my own breakfast and then hurrying her along to finish before lunch starts. She does have a good time, so I guess it is okay. I will just have to occupy myself with something constructive like cleaning the kitchen.
She is spending a lot of time standing up and she is mostly using my leg to do that. Also, the picture below is to demonstrate that she has a surplus of curly hair. It is really cute when I first do it in the morning, but then she rubs her head all over stuff and it just looks like mine. I guess it was inevitable.

Current Stats:
9 months length 27 1/2 inches 50th percentile
12 months length 29 1/4 inches 48th percentile

9 months weight 18 lbs 1 oz 25th percentile
12 months weight 20 lbs 1 oz 28th percentile

9 months head circ 42.75 cm 10th percentile
12 months head circ 43.9 cm 15th percentile
Shelby is growing like crazy and she can't stop sprouting teeth! She is working on some right now and she has 7 through. I sometimes like to sit and imagine what it might be like to not be teething, but I guess it is good to get it all over with. Due to all of those teeth, she has really taken to eating regular food. She really likes pizza, jello, ham, chicken cordon bleu, macaroni and cheese, goldfish crackers (or anything else that she can make a giant mess with), and jello pudding. Even though she is a bit fussy some days, she is a lot of fun. She LOVES books. She could sit and flip through books all day. She used to really like to watch TV, but not so much anymore. She does like to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while they sing the songs, but other than that she has a fulltime hobby of getting into stuff she shouldn't. She can make animal sounds for dog, cow, sheep, monkey, and lion. She is a chatterbox and imitates the sounds of whatever I say. The best thing is to hear her when she gets laughing! I can't wait to see what she will do next.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! Her hair is getting crazy long. Thanks for the update, it was good to read.

Karissa said...

She does sound crazy busy! I really like your fancy high chair!

heidijogoody said...

I love the pictures of her digging into her treasure chest! Cute thing