In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hidden Treasure

Shelby now has a fantastic new toy box. I just got so sick of having the toys all over the place all the time, so we headed to IKEA to find something to hold them. I had no idea we would find something so fun! This treasure chest folds flat when not in use and holds a lot of toys. Plus - it locks!!! Okay, the lock closes with velcro, but it sure keeps Shelby out.

Also, it is the perfect height for Shelby. She has to get up on her knees to get in and get stuff, so she is motivated to work on her mobility. I am positive that one day she will end up inside with the toys, but isn't that the fun of learning??? I am sure it will just go with the rest of the bumps and bruises on her head.
This toy box has been great and I love having all the toys cleaned up at the end of the day. We are still working on her doing more of the picking up than I do, but for know it is a small price to pay for a clean floor.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

What a cute little treasure box!

Amy said...

Very cool

Karissa said...

That thing is AWESOME! I especially love the comically huge lock. Jack spent many hours trying to get into his toybox when we first got it and he played happily there for quite a while once he finally got in! I say go for it Shelby!