Here is a picture of Shelby on Christmas day, wearing her crown from our Crackerz! For those of you (like me) who don't know what Crackerz are, let me explain. They are a holiday tradition in England and there is one in the background of the bottom picture. They look like a giant tootsie roll made out of cardboard. You pull both ends and they make a sound and there is a little surprise inside. Mine had a 4 pack of golf pencils that were silver. They all have a crown in them and a little piece of paper with a puzzle, a joke (think Laffy Taffy, but British), and a fortune. All our Crackerz had an extra special prize inside from the Gibbons family with some exciting news.

This is Grandma's sled that goes under the tree. Generally the dog rides the sled, but today (the day after Christmas) Shelby rode the sled. I know what you are thinking - it is the day after Christmas and there is still a tree up at Grandma's??!!! I know, I know - she didn't even take it down until the following day. She almost broke out in hives having it up so long, but I think it helped having Shelby around to distract her. Shelby and I spent Christmas up at my parents house and had a great time. She loves playing with Grandma and Grandpa and learning all sorts of new things.

When packing for our trip, I packed well for Shelby, but I failed to pack anything that was Church appropriate for myself. I put Shelby down for a nap and was able to go shopping for myself and by myself. It was really weird. Also, I haven't really bought myself new Sunday clothes in at least 2 years, so I guess I was due. I had to get some new shoes also because I didn't think my Skechers would go to well with my fancy new clothes. I had to post this picture because it is so rare that I have someone else there to take a picture of the both of us together. Let's face it, the self-timer is great, but it works much better when not involving children who like to grab things.
I think next year it is going to take Santa's whole team of reindeer to get me out of the house on Christmas. Last year, I spent Christmas day in the hospital, this year was much more enjoyable, but not being able to have Kelly there was no good. Here's to next year!
3 comments:
Holy Crap Batman, I've got two cute girls! I like both of your new Sunday clothes.
It sounds like you had a great Christmas!
I'm so glad she wore the crown!! Next year you can take it easy but 2012 sounds like a good year for an English Christmas. Don't you think??
Post a Comment