We now have church at 9 am. This works so much better for Shelby and I because it doesn't really interrupt her napping or eating schedule. The only down side to being up and ready to got that early is that the day tends to be long. Sunday was a particularly trying day for us and I was really wanting to make some chocolate chip cookies. I had a new recipe I wanted to try and felt I deserved a treat. I thought maybe I shouldn't make cookies just for me, so I decided I could make it without. I glanced at the clock to see how much time before I could put Shelby to bed. Only 15 minutes until it was time to get ready for bed! I needed to change Shelby's diaper, so I picked her up and as we were heading for the stairs, I glanced at the microwave clock only to realize that I should have checked the hour hand as well. We still had an hour and 15 minutes. Decision made: we would make the cookies.
Anytime I am in the kitchen, Shelby is right there "helping" me. She mostly plays with that yellow strainer, but sometimes she really gets into everything. She is always very curious about what is going on. She loves to look through the window in the oven and see things in there. I am excited for when she is a little more capable of helping (I am thinking I would like having a sous chef). She is already a really big help at eating things - I had to cut her off on the cookies after she ate a whole cookie. She kept asking for more, but enough is enough. If I let her keep eating there wouldn't be as many for me Ü
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Chocolate Chip Sunday
Posted by Melanie at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
9:00 church is nice but it sure can make the day drag on.. but who can pass up a yummy fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookie! Yummy
Post a Comment