In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, December 9, 2010

O Christmas Tree

Well, I really hadn't planned on putting up the tree this year. It is such a huge undertaking and normally Kelly does most of the work, not to mention trying to keep Shelby out of the tree. However, once we started seeing lights and trees in windows, I couldn't help but want to have a tree up. Rather than lug the huge one out, we went and got a small tree that we could enjoy. I did actually put the lights up rather than buy a prelit tree because I like colored lights and could only find prelit trees with white lights. I am glad that it is up and Shelby has been really good about not getting into it. I told her it was okay to touch it and after that she wasn't interested. She generally only gets into stuff she knows that she isn't supposed too. Anyway, we are glad to have a tree and can't believe that Christmas is just around the corner!

3 comments:

Karissa said...

I like the tree and I had the same problem once I saw our neighbors start putting theirs up--we ran out and got one the next day! Justin is crazy about the colored lights too and he picked ours because it was the only prelit with colored lights. I'm glad Shelby is staying out of it--Jack cannot stop playing with ours....when the lights are on, it puts him in a trance. Miss you!

Kelly said...

I am glad you got the tree. You're only missing one thing in the picture...a cozy fire in the fireplace! Miss you guys.

heidijogoody said...

You did a great job! And that is such a great idea telling Shelby she could get into it and now she doesn't :) Good thinking!