In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

With the recent cold snap, we have had to switch to Winter mode at our house. We bundle up before leaving the house and always take blankets and coats with us when we leave. Of course, this means that I have come across a few projects to keep me busy and Shelby warm. I made her a hat that can be tied on so she can't pull it off and some mittens. I was thinking the mittens would be super quick and easy, but I did have to take out a lot of stitching and try again a number of times. Several hours later - I know have a working mitten pattern.
Here she is modeling my handiwork. She can't pull the mittens off, which is a very good thing. However, they are very difficult to get on her and she would rather not cooperate (what a surprise).

This is her fancy new coat from Grandma. It is super soft and super warm though I don't think Shelby appreciates the coat for much more than the big buttons near her mouth that she can chew on. I do hope everyone is staying warm and I also hope that it will warm up a bit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so cute all bundled up!

heidijogoody said...

Oh you crafty women you! Carter doesn't like his coat either but that could be because its a bit big for him :) The hat and mittens look great