
Saturday night Melanie and I were in Salt Lake and decided to go up and see her parents. I know it is common for people to feel awkward around their in-laws or just plain not like them but that is not the case with me. Rick and Jolin are great parents in-law. I was thinking as we were eating dinner together, how much I enjoy being around them. I have always felt very welcome by them and a part of their family.
I knew I would love my future father-in-law when I went up to Fruit Heights and had my "talk" with Rick. I thought it would be a simple procedure, "I love your daughter and want to marry her." End of discussion. Not quite! I think after about 45 minutes of listening to Rick talk to me about the Irish Olympic athletes of the 2002 winter Olympics, I finally got to mumble something about my purpose in coming. Of course he knew my purpose and gave me his blessing...phew!
I knew I could love my future mother-in-law when Melanie reported to me that one day while going up the stairs from the basement, Jolin was behind me and she looked up and observed my abundant behind. She later noted to Melanie that she felt sorry for any of our future children because between Melanie's and my rear-ends, there was no way our kids could have anything less than large rear-ends too! With honesty like that, you at least always know where you stand.
As you can tell, I came into a pretty great family.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Mel's parents
Posted by Kelly at 9:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Honey! I am glad that you fit in so well too. I think my family loves you just for the fact that you took me off of their hands. Really though, how could they not love you and your big butt? I know I do.
I am finally back on the computer after many days of being too busy! Aren't you lucky to have such great in-laws. Not everyone is so lucky. I love the picture. It is great!
Post a Comment