So, we had an interesting day on Friday. I was running a little late for work and was in a hurry when I was leaving for work. Kelly told me to watch out for the garbage can because it was behind me at the end of the driveway. Well, I was watching it real good in the rear-view mirror, when I ripped my side-view mirror off. Apparently, I should have been paying more attention to the garage instead of the garbage can. I wasn't too happy about that.
A few hours later, Kelly calls me from work to tell me what happened to him. He was driving the bus back and forth between Camp Williams and the Airport all day. He has to do this every couple months and it is not unusual. When he was pulling into the parking lot at the airport to wait for the soldiers he was picking up, he clipped the front end of a Ford Excursion stretch limo with his bus.
So the day was not going real well for us at all. We had planned on going up to my parents that night to visit with my Mom for her birthday, but I was feeling nervous about what might happen. I packed up all our stuff and headed to Camp Williams to meet Kelly. We were taking his car because I didn't want to drive around with my mirror dangling by a cord any more than I had too. I loaded all our stuff into his car and we pulled out. The car was not driving well and making a horrible sound. We stop and get out to find that one of his tires is completely flat! The car had been sitting in a parking spot all day and was fine in the morning. It was dark and freezing cold at this point, but we had to change the tire. We finally got that done and it was 6:50. We were supposed to be in Fruit Heights at 7. Clearly, we were not going to make that. We drove slow anyway hoping to make it up there without further incident. We finally made it and once we got out of the car we were done with cars for the day!
Let's just say, bad things better only come in 3's because I don't want another day like that again!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Bad Things Come In 3's
Posted by Melanie at 4:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yuck! What a terrible day! Hope you had a good time in Fruit Heights. We're going to becoming down in a month or so.
Just be glad that deafy's husband the clown didnt come flying through the parking lot at work, Cause you know for sure he would have totalled your car with that crazy driving. KMART!!!
Post a Comment