Today was an exciting day because Karissa was getting her new dining room set delivered. There are some universal things in this world, one of which is delivery scheduling. They gave her a time frame and they came near the end of that time frame, but of course you always think they will be there any minute. The new table was very nice and I don't have any pictures of it.
Once we were done with the table guys, we headed over to the "not toy" BX. My sister lives in Beck Row which is very close to 3 different Air Force bases. They are stationed out of Mildenhall, but Lakenheath and Feltwell are both very close. Consequently, they have different things at the BXs on different bases. The BX on Mildenhall has toys, the BX on Lakenheath does not. This is how the kids keep them straight. I needed to purchase me a long sleeve shirt for the plane ride home. The memory of the cold was still quite fresh and I had no desire to be that cold again. I got a thermal shirt, though lightweight thermal, and hoped it would help to keep me more warm.
We had a delicious dinner of homemade cinnamon rolls and strawberries because Justin wasn't going to be there for dinner. Apparently, this doesn't count as dinner for him. Oh yeah, he did have to fly, but he ended up not going to France. They strung him along telling him everyday that he might be going for like 8 days before he actually did go. He got home earlier than we thought, but luckily he had picked up some food on the way home.
Shelby decided to get her awake time out before going to bed, and was still going strong at midnight when we headed to bed. She was awake until 2 or 3 am, which is like 7 pm here. She finally went to sleep and that meant I got to go to sleep too Ü
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Furniture Friday
Posted by Melanie at 8:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow Melanie! I had no idea that you had such a trip planned, but I sure enjoyed reading about it. You are a trooper, that's for sure! Its sounds exciting and wonderful, but a little bit stressful.
Post a Comment