Well, Shelby and I slept in a bit late on Sunday. Church started at 10, but we were supposed to leave at 9:15ish. We got up at about 8:30 and decided to be fast and get ready. Well, we left a little later than 9:15 and Justin wasn't too happy about it. Sorry Justin! It did work out all right though. I guess normally they need to arrive a few minutes early to get a parking spot, but we didn't have any problems. Shelby was actually pretty good at church and I got to go to Sunday School and Relief Society. I miss being able to go to Relief Society! I was also reminded of how fortunate we are to have such nice buildings. Karissa's ward meets in Thetford, about 40 minutes away, and there building is tiny. She and Justin teach the sunbeams and they meet in the clerks office. Let's just say that if you went to Sacrament meeting, sunday school, and relief society - you would not even have to move. After Sacrament meeting, they pull out dividers and the primary meets in the gym, the adolescent sunday school meets in the chapel overflow, and the adult sunday school meets in the chapel. I actually saw a class meeting outside because they had no where else to go. It was crazy. The kids decided to have a pajama party and wear their bones jammies. They had lots of fun and every night after that they had a pajama party, which just meant that they all put on their pajamas.
Shelby managed to find Elli's bike helmet and decided that it was only safe to walk around if she was wearing the helmet. I think she may have received some encouragement from Justin in this area, but she wouldn't stand up without it on. It was quite funny. While she was wearing the helmet she would walk around and do stuff. As soon as it fell off, she would immediately sit down and crawl.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
A Day Of Too Much Rest
Posted by Melanie at 7:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Looks like you survived the trip and all was well! I am sorry about the rough start that you had to your trip! I would have been such a mess! You are amazing
Post a Comment