I got up, not woke up, early and got showered. I think I may have slept for 2 hours all night. Anyway, after some poptarts and applesauce (breakfast of champions) I got Shelby bathed and dressed and packed up our stuff. We made the hike back to the lobby to find a place to stay. I found a Holiday Inn that had a government rate and had a room ready for us that we could check into right then. It sounded fantastic. I asked the people at the front desk if I could bring a load of stuff and leave it there while I made another trip. They said that would be fine. I brought the stroller and carseat and they made me fill out paperwork and "check it" in with them. It seemed a bit ridiculous, but that was just in keeping with the theme there. Coming back through the doors with only half the load was easier, but there were 8 soldiers sitting in the lobby, who again couldn't be bothered to hold the door open. I made another trip to the room and came back with our luggage. At this point, I don't think my opinion of the Air Force could have been any lower (sorry Justin). What a bunch of lazy butts - I guess that is why they are called the Chair Force.
I called for a cab, from a different company than the night before, and checked out my stroller and carseat. The driver showed up and was super nice and super helpful. He didn't have to take us very far, but getting on base is a pain for civilians and he was really nice about it. Let's just say, he got a big tip when we got to the hotel. If anyone is planning on being in Wichita and needs a cabby, let me know.
We checked in and rode the ELEVATOR!! to our room. I had a nice king sized bed and they also provided a crib for Shelby. We were able to get some real food for lunch and then take a nap. I can't tell you how much better I was feeling. Also, I got the name and number of a girl who was willing to help us get to the terminal the next day. She was a friend of my sister's friend and she was so nice. I called her and we set up a time for her to pick us up in the morning. We went and had some dinner at Chipotle and I giggled watching Shelby hold a miniature bag of tortilla chips and munch away on them. She looked like a teenager. I got to talk to Kelly that night and things were really looking up. We both were able to get a good night's sleep! If it hadn't been for this day, I would have turned around and come back home.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Day 2
Posted by Melanie at 11:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment