For Pioneer Day, our stake had a fun activity on Saturday morning. We went on a pioneer trail where we got to hear stories of pioneers that were related to members of our stake. I volunteered to help with some sewing for this part, so I was super excited to see my aprons in action.Next we ate some breakfast and played some games. Shelby was really good at the bean bag toss game. She would carefully pick up the bean bag and then walk over and climb up onto the wooden frame. Then she would place the bean bag in the hole. Amazingly, she got all of her bean bags in the hole.
I think she liked the cow pie toss the most. Basically, there were cow pies everywhere and you could just throw them in the buckets. Of course Shelby preferred to walk them over to the bucket and throw them in. I wasn't sure that this game was teaching her something I wanted her to learn. I already have a hard enough time keeping dirt and rocks out of her mouth while we are outside.
I did feel that whoever made the cow pies did a really good job. I felt that they looked pretty authentic. I applaud the ingenuity and the use of spray foam insulation and spray paint. If you ever need fake poop - this is the way to go.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Pioneer Day
Posted by Melanie at 1:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It was fun visiting with you guys while we were there and it was fun having Shelby come up to me and want me to hold her :) Cute girl
Post a Comment