We had a very fun day on the fourth. We used the morning and early afternoon to complete our family project of weeding the flowerbed. It took a long time because there were lots of weeds, but it looks great now and I am glad we finally got it done.
Next, we headed to a BBQ. Aunt Heather bought snaps for all the kids and Shelby loved them. She wasn't too into throwing them, but discovered that you could stomp on them and they would pop. She was really good at it and was stomping all over the place.
Later we had a private fireworks show and Shelby wasn't too sure about the fireworks. It was fun to do our own fireworks show. I am a huge fan of fireworks and used to put on a show every year. Ever since Kelly and I got married I haven't even bought a single firework until this year. I think it might be like people who have a gambling problem - it's generally best if they don't gamble at all. I thought we did well and only spent $40 on fireworks. The last time I did a show the bill came in at roughly $300, so I felt it was very responsible. Anyway, after that we went to watch the Lehi fireworks at Thanksgiving Point. Shelby had a great time. She really liked the fireworks and would clap and point each time they went off. However, I don't know what she liked more - the fireworks or getting to stay up way past her bedtime. All in all it was a fun day with lots of good fireworks Ü
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Fun On The Fourth
Posted by Melanie at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Looks like a great 4th of July
Post a Comment