In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Monday, March 7, 2011

My House Stinks

Yesterday I decided to do something that I would not normally do. I cooked with fresh garlic. I don't like to cook with garlic period. I think it stinks. I know there are some foods that it can really taste good in and that is why my house reeked last night. I made pasta alfredo for dinner. Shelby and I enjoyed it immensely, I think it was my best batch of alfredo sauce thus far. I really should measure when I make it so that I can duplicate the results in the future. Of course, we had to have something else to go along with our pasta. I decided that Shelby was mature enough to try a real delicacy. We had mozzarella sticks with our pasta and, let me just say, she hoovered them. You can tell when she really likes something because she says yum really loud while eating it. I think she said it every time she took a bite.
In order to have a balanced meal, we needed to have some fruit. I made strawberry pretzel salad for our fruit/dessert. If there is anyone out there who has never had this - you definitely should. It is sweet and salty and really good.

Due to the overwhelming smell in my house from yesterday's meal, I decided to go ahead and clean the oven today. What have I got to lose? In a few short hours the house will still stink, but I will have a clean oven Ü

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

will you come cook for me and my family please!