This weekend Shelby and I were able to go and visit Grandma and Grandpa. We were thinking of ideas of things to do and a drive to look at the leaves sounded like a great idea. We waited until Shelby's nap time and then loaded into the car. We made my Dad decide on the route and he put it off until the last minute to decide, but we ended up driving over Trapper's Loop and then up to Snowbasin. I was quite surprised at how many of the leaves had changed and how vibrant some of the colors were.
I had planned on taking some scenic photos, but I got a bit carsick and didn't end up taking photos. It has been a long time since I got carsick and I relearned that you should be looking out the windows, not looking at a crying baby trying to help her. I already felt a little out of place sitting in the back next to Shelby, so I got distracted. It all reminded me of the countless trips to Bear Lake in Grandma's car and the countless times I threw up in said car. It seemed to always be on the driver's side, backseat floormat. Good times. Tonight when I got Shelby ready for bed, she was out of pajamas and her laundry was still drying in the dryer. I decided to see how big her 12 month pj's were. Well, now that I know they are already a fit, hopefully we can get some wear out of them before they are too small. I have raised the height setting on her jumper twice in the last couple weeks. It will be interesting to see just how tall she is at her appointment this week.
Shelby loves to play with books. Grandma gave her 4 of these cute little books and she plays with them all the time. We read stories usually twice a day, but sometimes more. I am hoping that she will love books her whole life. Kelly will be disappointed if I turn her into a bookworm, but what can he do about it? I'll tell you what he can do, he can join us at our readathons Ü
Sunday, September 19, 2010
The Fall Foliage Tour
Posted by Melanie at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She fits well in those! It is always fun when they fit into their next size up clothes and get lots of fun new things to wear
Shelby is so cute! Good job on making her a bookroom. I have done that with my three children as well. The library is a favorite place for us to go.
Post a Comment