In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, September 24, 2010

9 Months Old

Now that Shelby is 9 months old we decided to lower her crib mattress before we had an incident. I was wondering if she would notice the difference, but she didn't seem to care. I noticed when I had to bend over to pick her up. The whole operation went smoothly until I was putting a clean sheet on the mattress and this happened:

Those sheets are such a tight fit that I accidently skinned my finger with my own fingernail while trying to stretch it over the corner. That's what I get for not cutting my fingernails! Oh well, now I have something to remember this day by.

Shelby did well at her appointment and her doctor commented on how strong she is. She is definitely making some major progress in the height department. It was her only percentile that went up this time, though I do not think that the nurse did a very good job of measuring her head. I don't know if the measurement was high or low, but the tape was not uniformly on her head. Oh well, she still has a smaller head. Shelby and I both got our flu shots at her appointment which I thought was fantastic because it was super convenient. Here are Shelby's new stats:
6 months length 25 1/4 inches 32nd percentile

9 months length 27 1/2 inches 50th percentile

6 months weight 16 lbs 51st percentile

9 months weight 18 lbs 1 oz 25th percentile

6 months head circ 41.1 cm 14th percentile

9 months head circ 42.75 cm 10th percentile
Shelby has turned into quite the little mimic. There are a lot of things I can get her to do like bang her hands on her tray or the floor, clap, or play peekaboo. There are also a lot of things I wish I could get her to do, but we are still working on. I think we are really close to her being able to do some baby signs back to me. I am always so surprised by all the new things that she can do. She is growing and learning so much these days. She is such a cutie and she makes my days so much more fun Ü

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Little Shelby is actually looking older now. I can really see a change in this picture of her. Such a cutie! I am glad you have her to fill your days. You're such a good mommy.

heidijogoody said...

That cute little shelby she is always making me smile too :)