In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Progress & Potential

Shelby is 2 months old now and she is doing great! She has started smiling a lot and has discovered that she can make lots of cute sounds too. We are even starting to see some sort of schedule to our days, which has made my life a little easier. Shelby is still not real big - but she is so much fun. She had her 2 month appointment at the doctor's and here is her progress:

2 Weeks - Length 19.75 inches 26%

2 Months - Length 21.5 inches 16%

2 Weeks - Weight 7 lbs 7 oz 21%

2 Months - Weight 10 lbs 26%

2 Weeks - Head Circ. 34.5 cm 15%

2 Months - Head Circ. 37.2 cm 11%

You may notice that the only category that is increasing is her weight. Her mom is proud that she is on her way to follow in her mother's footsteps as President of the Heavyweights Club. I just hope Baby Bella, Baby Girl Stevenson, and Baby Girl (hopefully) Russell are keeping up so the club will be complete. There is no stat for feistiness, but she has that too. Kelly is always telling me that she is her mother's child because she isn't going to do anything she doesn't want too. I couldn't be more proud!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh please 26% in weight is nothing At Carters 2 month he was in the 75%. I am anxious to see what he will be for his 4 month I am thinking like 90th or something! She is such the little cutie

Karissa said...

Go Shelby go!!! I'm glad to know she's fiesty--now you've got Kelly outnumbered!!

Katie said...

She is so cute. She is gettting so big! I still want to see her!! They blocked facebook at work now, so ill be on here more, intell they block this as well. haha