In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, February 19, 2010

Life Skills

Shelby and I get to spend our days together and I thought I should be teaching her some important life skills while I have the chance and a captive audience. Most days we work on laundry and putting away the dishes, but yesterday we had a fun day and worked in the kitchen.
We started off the morning by making some bread. There is nothing I enjoy more than when my house smells like fresh baked bread. We timed it so the bread was done baking at lunch time so we could enjoy hot bread with butter and sugar on it. The bread was delicious and consequently I ate half the loaf yesterday. Bread IS the staff of life you know. Lest you get the wrong idea, I did make this bread in my bread machine. I am not going to pretend like I actually made the bread myself!

Later in the day, and since we had to do dishes from the bread anyway, we made some cookies for Kelly. I tried a new recipe so we will have to see how he likes them. They are called Triple Chocolate Chunk, but they do have peanut butter in them too. Hopefully, he will like them and you may see this recipe soon.

We had a good time baking things yesterday and I love having a little friend to keep me company while I am working in the kitchen. We are so excited to have Kelly coming home in just a few hours. I am sure all the excitement will result in someone sleeping very well tonight and I am pretty sure it won't be Shelby Ü

1 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh man those cookies looked delicious! I really think I need the recipe for those :)