In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Change Is In The Hair

So, this is a picture of my hair on Thursday morning. There was a ton of it and it was overtaking me. Although, I never see my hair from this angle it looks better than I had thought it would. Too bad! I was sick of it and needed a change. I was on the verge of using the scissors at my desk and cutting it off myself, when Katie asked me if I wanted to trade her appointments. That meant my cut would be moved up an entire week, so of course I agreed.

Now, this is what my hair looked like after the cut and style. Of course, my hair is totally unaccustomed to being styled, so just that made for a different look. Most people I ran into that day didn't even recognize me. However, I love my new cut. I just keep looking at it in the mirror and marvelling at how it actually looks like regular hair!

Here is the view from the front. I have been riding this wave of having someone else do my hair for 2 days now and am going to have to wash and "style" it myself. This is the part that makes me nervous. I think it looks good straight, but what happens when I let it be curly - with 5 inches of weight removed???? I am just hoping that I don't burst into "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow". At least it grows fast - we will just have to hope for the best Ü


8 comments:

Kelly said...

Honey, You always look good to me no matter what style you choose for your hair.

Karissa said...

I'm waiting to hear the results--Annie or not?

Cindy said...

You look so different. You're lucky...your hair looks cute straight or curly!

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

I love the new hair. You really do look good with straight or curly hair. It did make me laugh out loud though when I read the Annie part, and created a pretty sweet visual!

The Hyding Place said...

I have NEVER seen your hair that straight! I would love to see if you can duplicate that look yourself. I would also like to see how short your hair is once it curls up... you crack me up.

Rachelle said...

Melanie, it looks so cute! I can't ever remember seeing your hair straight. I'm jealous of the fact that you can choose to wear it either way and still look so cute! My hair reminds me of mud-brown and flat!!!!

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

What!?!?!?! You got beef with Annie? :]

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Love the new do! Although, I always loved your curls!