In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Monday, June 30, 2008

Proud To Be An American


Last night Kelly and I had the opportunity to attend the Patriotic Service that was part of the Freedom Fest in Provo. It was held in the Marriott Center and the key-note speaker was Glenn Beck. He did an excellent job and I was glad that I went. He reminded me how blessed I am to live in America and to have the freedoms that I do. He stressed that the only way this nation can change is if you and I do something about the problems that we see. I was very impressed with him as a person and was encouraged to be a better person myself.

They also did a salute to the Armed Forces and my Kelly got to stand during the Army song. I was very proud of him for his sacrifice and his devotion to his country. They had some really good music, some of which was sung by Satan himself (Michael Ballam), and it was a nice program.

We had a very busy weekend and I am so glad that Kelly is home and we can do all these things together. We have tons of stuff planned for the time that he is home and I can't wait to do so many fun things with my cute husband. He is the best and I am so glad he is home Ü

3 comments:

Steph said...

Pete will be so jealous. He loves Glenn Beck. He is going to his comedy thing in Portland on July 17th. It is televised. He won't be there. But Pete is excited anyway.

Jake & Abby Gardner said...

That is so awesome. We are actually watching it right now. And we're not going to UT anymore...

Chelsea said...

Hey Mel, I saw you posted on Ambers site. Mike is crazy about Glenn Beck, all he talks about is going to see him on the 17th. Its funny. We should all get together and play some bocci!