In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, May 22, 2008

7 things about Melanie

1. I love Kelly! I am so glad that he is coming home on Saturday. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I've had to take the garbage out for 3 weeks now - that's just ridiculous. Seriously, Kelly spoils me like crazy and I miss him terribly.

2. I love the feeling/smell of the world after rain. Everythings feels so clean and renewed and everything looks so green.

3. I love getting in my car after it has been sitting in the sun all day. I often climb in and leave the windows up and just soak up the warmth. If others are with me, they are generally not too fond of this behavior as they think it is suffocatingly hot. I disagree.

4. I am a night owl. I love to stay up and it doesn't matter how tired I am, I still stay up late. I have been really bad since Kelly left. I think 11:30 is the earliest I have been to bed since he left. I am looking forward to more sleep once he returns.

5. I hate missing the first few minutes of anything. If a movie or TV show has already started and I didn't see the first part I would rather not watch any of it.

6. I love to read. I can get so wrapped up in a book and totally forget about everything else in the world. This goes well with my love of staying up late. I always check the clock and think - just 1 more chapter.

7. I love to eat good food. I would rather have something that is full of butter, sugar, and lard that tastes really good than something that is "good for you". It is just not the same and I don't care what anyone says - they don't taste the same. I would rather have a little of something delicious, than a lot of something that's just okay.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

oh my dear sweet Melanie, It sounds like it's a good thing I am coming home soon to take care of you! Don't worry, I will make you some yummy healthy food for you with no sugar and no butter just to show you how much I care! Love you and miss you, but will see you soon!

Gage said...

My comment can't compare to your hubbies but I am also a great fan of good food. I fear that my weight and body may also agree with the good food theory. At any rate, you crack me up. Have you ever read Twilight?

Steph said...

Thanks for doing the tag! I'm glad Kel will be home soon! It's hard to be without your hubby!

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

I couldn't agree more with you on the good food aspect! I would much rather down something that tickles my taste buds, but sits on my thighs until I can pull Billy Blanks Tae Bo out of the cupboard than something that tastes like grass!