In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Toothless Wonder No More

So, I know this photo is a little blurry, but you gotta take what you can get. Shelby is quite protective of her teeth - probably because she had to go through a lot to get them. I really had to work to get a picture this good. I also had to endure about 58 jackrabbit kicks to the throat. Not to worry, I am okay. Shelby went through about 4-5 weeks of some major teething. It was hard on me and I don't think it was much of a picnic for her either. However, it was worth it! She is sprouting teeth like crazy. I was just looking at her top teeth today and can already see the next set on top getting ready to come through the gums. I think she must love Halloween as much as I do and she wants to be all set with her Jack 'O Lantern look.

I had to distract her with a game in order to get the picture of her mouth open. So, we decided to play some Steamroller. A classic game, full of fun and destruction. She and I play it quite often, but I was busy so I had to recruit some other players. Monkey, Dolly, Doggie and Bunny were just the right team.
As you can see, Shelby has about as much regard for others as her mother. This thrilled me because I am sure she is going to make an excellent soccer player one day. Moments like this make me so proud.
This is a picture of the carnage after the game was over. It reminded me of a time in high school when Joey and I both tackled the ball at the same time, but hers was the only ACL that got blown out. I felt bad, but not as bad as when I went to try out for a new team and she was the person that they were trying to replace. Every girl on the team knew that I was involved in the incident that rendered her unable to play for a year. Let's just say, it took some time for me to make friends on that team Ü

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Yay the teeth popped through!

Debbie said...

Hey melanie it was so fun the see you at the baby shower the other night! Shelby is adorable!