In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Sunday, January 17, 2010

SAHM

I have a new job and a new boss. My boss is tiny and enjoys taking naps during the day. She is often very demanding, especially when she is hungry. She is more laid back when it comes to our dress code, often we end up wearing our PJs all day. When she is unhappy she makes it known. She demands OT daily and our schedule is never the same. She makes me laugh every day without fail. She has the funniest facial expressions I have ever seen. She also can melt my heart with a sound or a touch. She teaches me new things about taking care of others, love, and why we are here. I really love her and am often amazed at just how perfect she is. We get along really well, probably because she is acting more and more like me all the time. The good news is that we are both night owls, the bad news is that she still expects me to be back at it early in the morning. I am still working on that. This is definitely the most challenging job I have ever had, but also the best. Plus, the pay is way better than getting a paycheck that is never as big as I think it should be anyway Ü

I love my job and my Shelby!

7 comments:

mary said...

Mel! She is adorable!!!! I am so happy for you and that she and you are both doing good! I have never met your husband, but he sounds like an awesome guy who really really loves you. That makes me sooo happy!!! I am sorry I didn't get to come see you on my break... I figured you'd rather me not cough and snot on your new baby :) :) Love yer guts!!!
Mary

heidijogoody said...

Ys being a mom is one of the most demanding jobs around but one of the most important and best jobs there is! This is such a sweet post!

Pam said...

I just love this post! It's so sweet! And congrats on becoming a SAHM. It really is the best job ever! (Especially when you have cute kids like Shelby)

Cindy said...

I think I have the same job! With the same wonderful pay!!

Karissa said...

Elli wants you to know that she thinks Shelby is "so pretty" in the second picture. Also, she is super jealous of her doll. I can't believe how big she already is! Can't wait to hold her one day!

Amy said...

So does this mean you really get to stay home and be a mom or is it just temporary? I hope it isn't temporary because it really sucks when you are expected to do it all.

Jeni Walker said...

You guys are so cute!! You're both awesome parents. Shelby is as lucky to have you as you are to have her!! :o)