In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Look At The Old Plumbing

You know how a lot of times you see things that you wish you hadn't?? Well, this could be one of those situations for you, so if you didn't enjoy health class in school you should probably skip this post.
This is a picture of the 3 "little friends" that I had removed from my uterus on Friday. How fun is that? Really, that would have been fun in and of itself, but that is not where the good times ended. They only thought there was 1 to begin with, but found more when they got in there. I am glad that I do provide a hospitable environment for something to be growing.

This is where it got really exciting. I guess they figure once they have you unconcious and can do whatever they want, they should go exploring. They put a camera in my belly button, which only served to reaffirm what my mother has told me many times - never, never, never, EVER put anything in your belly button. It is just not a good idea. Plus, it makes your belly button hurt and you can't wear your jeans for a while.
I have always been fascinated with things like this, so that is why I am sharing all these photos of my insides. It is kind of interesting to see pictures of your insides - that way you know that those pictures from the health book were pretty accurate.
Needless to say, I am thrilled that I got to have these really cool pictures. I am certainly not endorsing putting ANYTHING in your belly button, but if you must have it done you may as well get something out of it.
This is my favorite picture and I am not sure why, but I just like it. Now that I have these for my scrapbook I am hoping that I will not have any further need for surgery in the future. Don't get me wrong - I love having 10 + people seeing me butt naked laying on a table, but I think once was enough. Also, the dress code was a little too breezy for me Ü

8 comments:

Karissa said...

Awesome pictures, thank you for putting these up for people like me. I'm glad the surgery went well and that your belly button is okay--you really shouldn't mess with it if you can avoid it. Also I was pleased with the title of your post seeing as I thought that's what your last post was going to be about and felt it was a hilarious title. This has ended my disappointment that it was just about your sprinklers.

Katie said...

uhhh it kinda looks alittle like an alien or something, glad everything went well though

Jeni and Jeremy said...

I never get tired of looking at those pictures. Especially over root beer floats! :o) Seriously, I'm with you about it. It's cool to see that those biology books weren't making all those things up. Glad you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Can you add tags to explain what everything is? :) You must have a very cool doctor to give you these pics.

Amy

Rachelle said...

LOL about the belly button comment. I'll have to remember that one. I hope you're recovering well from all of the exploring they did.

Gage said...

Good work! Your innerds take great pics. :):)

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Wow. I thought I had a bad week. At least I didn't have to go under the knife! Hope it went well and you recover quickly!

The Hyding Place said...

These pictures are fabulous. I am jealous. I had no idea you were going to have this done, but I am glad you were able to have it documented for sure! I enjoyed your comments about being naked on the table in front of several people. I have done that 3 times with my c-sections. You never really get used to that. However, when I had Ana in AZ, they had me sitting "indian style" on the table (naked in front of everyone) and the lady who had shaved my parts decided to call attention to them by telling everyone to look at what a great shave she did? What the?? @$#%!**!!? Seriously. Anyway, congrats on your three friends.