This is the best group of YM/YW ever!!!! These kids came to my house last Friday, along with their leaders and they whipped my yard into shape in about 2 hours. This is not everyone who helped, but it is most of them. They worked so hard and did so much. All I did was provide my idea of the food pyramid. Notice how the base of the pyramid is made of brownies. I see nothing wrong with that idea. I did have some fruit and the cooler is full of water, so I figured we were covered for nutritional value.
Those kids weeded (and I had a lot of weeds), mowed, string trimmed, and planted tons of beautiful red, white and blue flowers. They also washed all my windows, even though I was nervous that they would fall off the ladder and hurt themselves, and scrubbed my patio set. They scraped and repainted the fence. They removed all the rough edges and extra concrete from my newly installed curbing. They kept Shelby entertained the whole time too!
They went above and beyond by buying me a new flag and restringing my flagpole. They also set me up with an ingenious clip system that is much better than our old system. We had a flag raising ceremony and all said the Pledge of Allegiance together before they left. I was truly touched. They were able to take a couple of our old flags and retire them later that night. It was such a neat day for me to feel so much kindness and generosity from people who I just met. I think every one of them thanked me for our military service, but I was blown away with what they did for me. I am so grateful for all their help and for the beautiful yard that Kelly will have to come home to now!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Yard Makeover
Posted by Melanie at 2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
The yard looks so great! You deserve it though you are so amazing!
So awesome. Your mom was telling me about this and I that it was so cool. Glad your yard looks fab. Have a GREAT day tomorrow. I am so happy for you.
That is so impressive that they did all that. What a great gift of service to you and Kelly. I am so excited Kelly is back in the U.S.A and will be home soon. I hope to see you both on Friday!
It looks fantastic! I'm so happy for you, love you guys!
That has to be one of the greatest things to have them do that for you what a great group of ym/yw!! The food pyimid was also a good idea :)
Thank you for letting us help. It was amazing to see the youth work together for a good cause. Hope you are having fun together as a family. Colleen McNeil
That is so awesome!
Post a Comment