In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, December 24, 2009

She's Finally Here!

Well we finally made it! Shelby was born at 7:34 pm on December 23rd 2009. She weighed 7 lbs 4 oz and was 19 inches. She took her sweet time getting here, but we are so excited to have her. She is really well mannered and loves to spend time being held. The good news is that she is not a real crier (for now) and can sleep through anything.
We are so thrilled with our Christmas present of a brand new baby. We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

14 comments:

Pam said...

OH! She is precious! Congratulations you two. I was worried when we didn't hear anything Tuesday night. I would love to eventually hear all the details of this labor story. Hope momma is doing well, and congrats again.

Randi A. said...

OH OH OH!!!
Congratulations! What a cutie. Hope mommy is doing well too. So excited for you, what a special Christmas!

Steph said...

Merry Christmas Kelly and Melanie! She is so sweet. Enjoy her!

Gage said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy for you. Congrats!!

6 cute kids said...

Congratulations on your best Christmas present EVER!

The Hyding Place said...

Merry Christmas, Mel! Congrats! How are you doing? Why was Shelby in the NICU? Is everything OK? Are you home now? Did you end up having a C-section? Send me an email with an update when you have a minute. I am so happy you are a mom now and Isabella is so happy to have a soccer friend. Is it OK if we call her "Bill"?

Cindy said...

What a doll! And those cheeks... what can you say about them! So kissable! We are so happy for you!

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

That is one of the cutest babies I have EVER seen! I could just kiss those little cheeks! I am so happy for you guys Melanie, you will be a great mom! Congratulations, I'm so glad that she is here!

Amy said...

Welcome Shelby! She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Gina said...

Congratulations on your new little one. Love those chunky cheeks.

Rachelle said...

Such a cutie! What a wonderful (and exhausting) Christmas present. I can't wait to see more pics. I hope everyone is adjusting and recovering well! Congrats!!!

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

She is so cute! She looks like you Mel. Congrats and I hope all is well. I second wanting to call her Bill.
:]

heidijogoody said...

So glad she made it here! I don't know what it is but I swear babies just like taking their time getting here I think it is just too hard for them to leave the place they are coming from.. I know I would have a hard time leaving too.

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

She is beautiful! I have been thinking of you guys! GLad Shelby made it safe and sound! She seriously is so cute! She was worth the wait right?! Hope you guys get settled alright! Welcome little Shelby!