In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Pioneer Woman Speaks!

I am a huge fan of the Pioneer Woman and all of her yummy recipes! She recently published her cookbook and was going to be making a stop in SLC to sign books. Of course, I thought this would be a fun thing to do, so I headed to SLC to go and get my cookbook signed. The signing was convenient because Kelly had to be at traffic school that same night during roughly the same time at the Matheson Courthouse. I arrived about 40 minutes early and the line was already quite long! I got in line and was given a bookmark with a letter on it so I could get my book signed. After about 10 minutes they moved us into this art gallery next to the bookstore so she could talk, then she was going to go to the bookstore and sign books. There were a ton of people crammed in there and I don't think that everyone fit inside.
See that coat on the right hand side of the photo? That was the huge guy that was standing in front of me and would conveniently shift from side to side, basically ruining every picture I tried to take. I intentionally snapped a few of the back of his head to help him understand that he was ginormous and I couldn't see around him, but I am not sure he got the message. Anyway, Pioneer Woman finally came out and answered some questions for about 15-20 minutes. She was so down to earth and such a nice lady.

I ended up not getting my book signed. I didn't want to stand in line for 2 hours. I am really glad I went and heard her speak and I still have a cookbook full of yummy recipes. There were people there with bags full of her cookbooks for her to sign, so I am sure she appreciated having at least 1 less book to sign Ü

All in all, it was a good night. Kelly and I had fun hanging out together (at least for most of the evening) and it is always good for me to get out of the house - at least according to Kelly!

1 comments:

Karissa said...

I saw her on TV a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised at her voice, were you? For some reason her voice just didn't fit her personality for me. Is the cookbook any good? She is doing one more signing in OKC in Dec--is it worth the trip??