Last weekend Kelly and I attended the Jon Schmidt concert up at Wolf Mountain with my parents. I was really looking forward to this concert because a) I like Jon Schmidt and b) it sounded like a great summer activity. We got to sit on the side of the slope and listen to the music. I, of course, packed a bunch of snacks so that we wouldn't go hungry. We brought along some chairs and blankets so we could be comfortable. The only problem was that we didn't bring along our winter clothes!
It has been rather hot here for the last several weekends and then the weekend that we have an outdoor activity planned - the temperature plummets. By the end of the concert, I was shivering. Had we only known that the temp on the hill would have been in the 50's we could have planned ahead and brought some thermal underwear. The concert was really good and we had a fun time, it was just a bit cold. I guess in Utah you can never count on anything when it comes to the weather. We will have to be sure to plan for all outcomes in the future and not just the one we are hoping for. Don't worry, we were almost thawed out by the time we got home!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Out In The Cold
Posted by Melanie at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE Jon Schmidt, and unlike you, I think weather in the 50s sounds wonderful. It is too too hot. I am looking forward to another cooler weekend. Have you been to Jon's Christmas concert before? He does a great job. P.S. I am ready for a new recipe post.
It was crazy how cold it was last week! Really weird. Hard to really enjoy yourself when you're an icicle.
I love your new picture!!!!
I was so jealous when Mom told me you were going to that concert. I'm a fan of cooler weather so I would have been happy to take your place! I really like the picture at the top of your blog, where are you guys?
Post a Comment