In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The News Is Out

I had a doctor's appointment today and it took me by surprise. I went in expecting a sit down meeting with a diabetic educator and a perinatologist. Instead, I ended up having an ultrasound and finding out that I am having a girl!

I wish they had been a little more up front about what we would be doing and I would have had Kelly come to the appt. I guess I will be having an ultrasound every month so there will be plenty more, but it was so amazing to see everything going on in there. She is quite active and uncooperative already - she should be just like her mom. Kelly and I couldn't be happier and we are so excited to have a little girl join our family.

18 comments:

Gage said...

Holy Crap! That is SO exciting. Congratulation!! Shawnee is pregnant too. I am seriously SO happy for you. Yeah!!

The Hyding Place said...

That is great to hear that she is just like you, Mel. We should get along perfectly. Have you thought of any names?

Mary said...

WHAT!!!! That is so amazing! Congratulations, I'm thrilled for you!

Karissa said...

She looks so big compared to the gummy bear I saw in the first pics! Congrats, we can't wait to meet her!!!

jjlove said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! Kelly and Melanie I am so excited for you and your new little girl.

Steph said...

Congratulations!!!! Girls are so fun, but watch out for the moods!!!

Ben and Brittney said...

Congratulations! Ben and I are so excited for the both of you.

Gina said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting. Looking forward to more updates on the little one.

Amy said...

Best news I heard all day! I am so happy for you!

Rachelle said...

What an awesome way to start my day! Great update!! I am so happy for you guys.

Debbie said...

Congrats! Very exciting!

Cindy said...

Congratulations - welcome to the world of bows, bracelets, and pink, pink, pink! Girls are too much fun!

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

That is wonderful! You are going to love being parents... you're life will never be the same again! Congratulations on your upcoming addition, I am so happy for both of you! What a lucky baby that will be!

Tiff and Trev said...

I am so happy for you, Mel!! Your mom told me the good news a month or so ago when Karissa was in town. You are going to be such a good mommy! I hope she has curly hair just like you :o)

Team Shelton said...

Yeah I couldn't be happier. Miracles happen everyday. I went in to the doctors thinking that I was having complications with my cancer recovery when I found out I was pregnant with Henry. It's always on the Lord's time. Congrats Mel (and Kelly, too)

apriltime said...

Wow, this is awesome! What a fun adventure you and Kelly are starting. I hope you are going to post pregnant pictures so we can share the adventure with you!

camihubrich said...

Holy moly! I am so happy for you. I used to get excited for people when I found out they were pregnant, but now that I know what it's like to have a whole wonderful little person, well, let's just say that my heart melted a little bit. Such awesome news. Sorry I'm so late in the congrats.

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

Now you really are going to be a water retaining sea cow! I'm super excited for you.
:]