Today was the best! I got the best surprise - Kelly had access to a computer and we were able to chat online for a while. It was almost like talking to him, but not quite. It was way better than what we have had for the last 2 weeks anyway. Kelly is going to be coming home on Friday and I can't wait. He is done with what he was doing and he is now in Agadir and wanted me to post some pictures for him. I thought I could give a photo recap of things that have happened since he left. For starters, he wanted to see our cute flowers! This is not the best picture, but they are still in bloom and you can see them when you get here! I have no idea why some have rounded petals and some have pointy petals - they are all supposed to be the same kind of tulip. As long as they are growing that is all I care about.
I needed to post this picture so that I would have proof that I actually made the bed (at least once) while he was gone. I am definitely one who feels that making the bed is the hugest waste of time I can think of. I often unmake the bed after Kelly makes it just because he gets so mad - it is a good thing he loves me anyway!
This is the painting project that I started working on while he was gone. Don't worry, I have already quit and am awaiting my helper to return home so we can finish this project together - remember Together Everyone Achieves More - because it is definitely a team project.
Oh, and this is the other project that is awaiting me. This one is the scariest project of all because it involves me sewing. I really want to learn how to sew well and be able to make things, but it is a little intimidating. Hopefully, when all is said and done I will be able to wear this in public Ü
I miss you Kelly and I am so excited for you to come home! At this point we are down to 48 hours, however I just know something will happen. Maybe his flight will be delayed, maybe I will be late - it's happened before that he is gone for weeks and then when I am supposed to pick him up inevitably I get behind schedule. I will be keeping my fingers crossed and my clocks set ahead by 30 minutes!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Au Revoir Morocco
Posted by Melanie at 7:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Power of positive thinking girl! He'll be home right on time :)
Hey Melanie, Things look great at home! I can't believe you actually made the bed...of course you wait until I leave. I love you so much. See you tomorrow!
Jake was away also this week and is coming home tomorrow..I'm excited! Jake brought my laptop with so we got to video chat..its much better than just talking on the phone :)
come on Melanie, you're turning into me!!!!
Post a Comment