In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

All A Matter of Perspective

Generally speaking, weekends are very short. I think that Saturday is shorter than weekdays by about 9 hours! However, this last weekend I thought Saturday would never end. It felt like the day was dragging. I have decided that this is all due to perspective. Most saturdays I get to spend with Kelly running errands and scrambling to get things done for the week. I had to drop Kelly off at the airport Friday so he could go to Morocco and thus spent all of Saturday alone. The worst part was that I couldn't talk to him on the phone. Between Friday and Saturday I finished 1 book, read 2 more books, and started a 4th book. Plus I watched a movie, fertilized the yard, worked on my bathroom project (hopefully pictures will soon be coming), folded a bunch of laundry and watched a bunch of TV. If only the days went by so slowly when Kelly was home. Having to work has definitely helped with the passage of time, but I don't know if I will make it till the 15th! Did I mention that I just had to water the plants?! and I will also have to take out the garbage? twice!! I miss my Kelly Ü

3 comments:

Gage said...

you could come stay with me for awhile. I could definitely use some extra time to read, fold and do a bathroom project. Sounds fun! I HATE it when Ryan's out of town...so good luck until the 15th. It's only 9 days away.

Mary said...

This is when you call the girls in your ward for a girls' night. Even if it's just a movie at their house.

Anonymous said...

I agree, you need a girl's night out.

Amy J