In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, February 20, 2009

The Jazz with Dad


Last night I got a last-minute invitation to go to the Jazz v. Celtics game with my dad. Dad got the tickets from Coke and they were awesome seats! Since dad had to wait for me to meet him, we got to the Energy Solutions Arena just a few minutes before tip-off but of course we had to go up to the buffet that was being served and partake of the delicious free food. We then took the elevator down to level one where we got off and walked over the the portal near our section. Of course we had to wait to go into the arena because the Jazz bear was coming back out off the floor and we had to wait for him to drive past us, I could have stuck my foot out and been run over by his Harley. Then we walked out onto the floor and across to our section. We sat on row 10, I have never been so close to the action! The game was fun, the Jazz played pretty good and beat the NBA champions by five points so I thought that was great.

The really great part was being able to go and do something with my dad, it is fun to hang out and talk about what's going on in each other's lives. I never was really into playing sports while growing up but I always really liked going to the different sporting events with my dad. I am really grateful for such a great dad who is always so concerned about his family. I don't think you could find a more self-less guy than my dad, he is always concerned about taking care of everyone else and doing the right thing.

Thanks Dad for being such a great example to me!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I am glad you had fun with your dad at the game. I am even more glad that I didn't have to go. You did miss out on a killer readathon though - with snacks!

Steph said...

How fun! Pete and I saw it on TV. We wish we could have gone. Gotta love the Jazz! And Uncle Bill, of course, too! :)

TeamDall said...

Hey Mel,
Congratulations on being approved for adoption, I hope you get a baby super soon:)

Cindy said...

What fun memories. Your dad is definitely very selfless. I am sure he loves the time with you too!

Rachelle said...

I am sooooo jealous. I'm glad you had a fun night!