In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day

Boy am I glad that January is over!!! It was kind of a boring month and I am looking forward to February in hopes of improvement. In honor of the the groundhog, who also gets a late start on the year, I have just started exercising again. I am hoping to get my fat butt in better shape and improve my health at the same time. I started with my inaugural workout on Saturday only to discover that I have a long road ahead of me. I am also quite stiff in some areas underneath my insulating layers. I would say that I am coupling my efforts with a committment to eat better, but we all know that would be an outright lie. I will never do that and I am not going to pretend. I will still make delicious, unhealthy treats in unhealthy quantities and eat them until I am sick. That is just who I am.

I would like to thank Bill Murray for his inspirational role that taught me that sooner or later I am going to have to get it right so I can move forward. So, here's to a fresh start and the dream of a thinner me.

4 comments:

Katie said...

can you please bring me some of those delicious, unhealthy treats please????? thanks!

Cindy said...

I only exercise so I can eat unhealthy treats in unhealthy quanities. That is what makes life fun!!

Rachelle said...

I am right there with you in wanting and making the unhealthy treats. I've decided I need to make a decision to be an happy overweight person or an ornery skinny one!

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

Mel you crack me up! You just described me to a "T"! We are forever soul mates bound by the heavy weight club.