
Inaguration day; it comes around every four years, yet everyone is saying this is an historic day. I figured for one thing, I havn't made a blog post for a long time and for another, I might as well say somthing on this 'historic' day.
I might as well start out by saying that I did not vote for Obama, in some ways he scares me, I thought there were better choices out there be be the head of our nation. But Obama is the new commander-in-chief and the president of the United States so I figure I may as well be supportive for the time being. I do hope that he will be able to help our country out and we will be better off four years from now.
I don't think anyone is perfect for the presidency, I figure one grows into the role of president and it doesn't just happen overnight so I will give our new president the benefit of the doubt and again, hope that he can really do some good for the United States of America, land that I love.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
A New Day
Posted by Kelly at 1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I hope you are right Honey, but I am a bit nervous. Glad to see your posting again!
I totally agree with you on that Kelly. Why spend so much time fighting something that we can't change. He won the election. At least give him a chance and HOPE for the best!! I'm nervous as well but what can you do?
I definitely didn't vote for him either and definitely don't agree with him on some major issues, but since we are all on the same team...I hope and pray he does well.
You are a glass half full kinda guy? Never woulda thought. Ha ha!
You're a better person than me, Kelly. We wouldn't even watch it. I hope our country is better four years from now, too, but realistically I doubt it. I am scared to think where our country will be in four years. All I can do is pray and hope and that is what I am doing.
I couldn't have said it better myself! Well said.
Post a Comment