In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Exciting times at the Summers' home


Today has been full of exciting things and it is only 10:00am. First, I used my new bread machine that my parents gave me for my birthday. I love waking up to hot bread in the morning. It makes my house smell so good, and it tastes delicious. Bread is one of my favorite things to eat - this is why a low-carb diet would never work for me. Carbs are my friend. I have missed fresh bread, and it is such a welcome change.
Also, when I was backing out of the driveway this morning, I almost ran over some guy. There was a whole crew of framers in my front yard! They delivered the wood yesterday and I was shocked to see them there so quickly. We haven't even signed the paperwork yet, but that should take place today. We spent last night cleaning out the basement and it is a good thing we did. I am excited to have the basement finished and am hoping that it will not take a long time. I am always overly optimistic on these sorts of things, but a girl can dream. Anyway, it has been quite the day and there is still so much more to come.

1 comments:

Katie said...

your bread you made was soooo good. thanks for letting me try it, but now i want more. Can't wait to see your new basement when its done. Let me know when me and kenzy can move in. Looking forward to my new roomies. ahhhahahah