In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; It must be achieved.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Family Drill

A couple weekends ago, we "got to" participate in something called Family Drill. This means we were voluntold that drill weekend was for the whole family instead of just for Kelly. I didn't know they could do that. I mean, it's one thing if Kelly has to go hang out all weekend and be bored, but why should I have to suffer? We went here: If you are like me you have no idea where this is and better yet don't care because you may have noticed there is SNOW in the picture. Why would I want to go somewhere that cold? Well, this is Snowbird and FYI it was a super nice weekend at home. Instead of enjoying the warm and the sun at home, we spent the weekend hiking across the bunny hill with a stroller! This was definitely not a real baby friendly environment despite the fact that there were a large number of babies in attendance. We did get a family picture taken of us while we were attending a class, or rather sitting in the hall pretending to attend a class.
Kelly just recently transferred to a new unit, so it was a good opportunity for me to meet some of the other spouses. I made some new friends and managed to get through the entire weekend without saying something that would get Kelly in trouble. I would say that equals a success. At least I don't have to go to Family Drill for another year!

1 comments:

Karissa said...

I have never gotten to go on trip on the Air Force's dime....I might be willing to sit through some boring meetings for a free night in a hotel and some free food!! I usually have to go to the meetings and pay someone to watch my kids!