I am a little behind in getting this posted because we had a fun night on Thursday and it is already Sunday and I am just getting around to posting. So here goes: This is Danny and yes, that is his purse. He came over to eat dinner and have a Bocce tournament. He drives his cop car so that he doesn't get pulled over for speeding on the way. I have wanted to borrow it for a while, but he has yet to oblige. He will probably now tell his friends to drop the donuts and give me tickets because of my purse comment. Oh well.
We went to the park near our house and had some good fun playing Bocce. Though I don't think we were quite as aggressive as the Bailey's are when they play, I did learn that trying to throw the ball long distances like a baseball can be hard on your arm. I also learned that if you grunt or yell while throwing the ball it definitely goes a lot further. In case you were wondering, the boys arranged to wear matching outfits and so I joined in when changing out of my work clothes before heading to the park. Aren't we so cute? The good news is that we didn't lose or break any balls (real possibility when trying to clear the road and land across the street) and the playground equipment was vacant so no small children were beaned either.
Hint: In the picture above the person located nearest to the yellow ball was the winner.
Silly boys playing with their balls
It was a fun night and I am definitely going to be playing more Bocce. I doubt any of our neighbors who looked out their windows while we were playing will want to play with me, but hey there are other streets in our neighborhood! If any of you haven't played - you need too, even if you only do it for the cool purse.
6 comments:
I have never played bocce or even heard of it until I read Bailey's blog. I love the subtle hint in your post and even more I enjoyed the caption to the picture. You are so funny, Mel.
LOLOL. Bocce Ball is the best. Maybe we could plan a tournment sometime. Clearly you were the winner. Throwing it like a softball does wear on the arm, but it's very efficient! I also like the shot put move, when the ball is kind of close. You should try that one. :]
I guess maybe we can stay in touch this way, since we don't do so well by phone anymore. Hey Wayner! Love the tattoo!
What's up with the guy who is juggling and the guy who is just sitting there, not juggling? Nice shirts all.
I definitely need a cool purse like that.... I have never played Bocce. Looks fun!
HEY THANKS ALOT FOR THE INVITE TO COME PLAY!!!!!! LOSER. I think you really would had alot more fun with me there. lol. I really like the fact that all of you guys match, did you plan that??
Post a Comment